Monday, August 15, 2005

4 Months and a Blog Virginity Ago

When I started this blog, it really was much more of a whim (small w) rather than a Project (capital P). But I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised at how long it's survived, and indeed, thrived. It's been 4 beautiful months of writing and...and...wait, stop the presses, I think this qualifies as a commitment!

Recently, I told my parents about my latest hobby. Just so they know that should their eldest child fail to accomplish anything significant in life (marriage, grandchildren, 5Cs), at least she had a sex blog to her credit. Oh, the joys and triumphs of parenting. I have to say they were relatively sanguine about the whole business, but I'm sure they're secretly hoping it's 'just a phase'. (As they did with my shoe habit, but that one's lasted for 5 years now.)

That said, I really want to thank everyone for their comments. I am always happy to see them appear in my inbox (even the cryptic, desperate ones when I need a laugh). A lot of them have really sustained, inspired and enlivened my writing. Not to mention, its always nice to know there's a significant portion of the world at large that enjoys screen-side vicarious living and sharing in my twisted adventures.

As a general rule, I won't delete any comments on my blog unless they are rude (I get to be the arbiter of precisely how rude is too rude), offensive (only one person has the right to do that here - me) or criticise my haircut (my stylist swore I'd look nice with china-doll bangs, goddammit). Free speech is a scarce enough commodity in this country, so play nice by those rules and you can post anything you want. But be gentle. Gulp.

The comment box is both my forum and my filter. So if you've got something to say, and it's sincere, witty, well-worded and includes an email address / URL, I will try to dignify it with an equally thoughtful (or irreverent) response. Of course, if all you want to do is show me a picture of your 9 inch cock, please post it publicly so everyone else here can enjoy it too. After all, sharing is caring.

Lots of love and happy reading.